Healthy Italian Recipes
If you love Italian food why not recreate healthier versions of your favourite restaurant dishes at home? You will find some great tips on cooking healthy Italian food at the BBC Good Food website or how about trying some of these healthy Italian recipes:
- If you’ve not made pizza before Jamie Oliver shows you how with this basic pizza recipe http://www.jamieoliver.com/us/foundation/jamies-food-revolution/recipes/BASIC_PIZZA
- A simple recipe that is easy to customise with your favourite toppings http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10117/superhealthy-pizza
- For a basic healthy tomato sauce you can put with any pasta - http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/healthy-recipes/Pages/tomato-pasta-sauce.aspx
- A healthier alternative to meatballs, this recipe uses turkey mince instead of beef http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20573344_10,00.html
- A classic of Italian restaurants, try Jamie Oliver’s lighter version of Caesar salad http://www.jamieoliver.com/us/foundation/jamies-food-revolution/recipes/CAESAR_ON_THE_LIGHTER_SIDE
Share your favourite Italian recipe on my Facebook page. Next week it's the turn of Thai food!