Foods That Keep You Cool in Summer
1. Cucumber:If you want to cool down in the summertime then grab a cucumber and cut some slices up. There’s a reason people say you’re cool as a cucumber all the time; it’s one of the most cooling foods. The water content in cucumber is higher than most foods on the planet so you’re hydrating and cooling your body at the same time.
2. Watermelon: Watermelon is also one of the most hydrating water dense foods on the planet. Because of this it’s inherently cooling to your body. Think of watermelon as an internal air conditioning unit, just keep it on and keep eating! This addictive summertime fruit also contains lycopene which is an antioxidant that prevents sunburn and UV ray damage. It’s made for summer consumption.
3. Peaches: Peaches are a cooling and enriching summertime treat. They’re naturally hydrating to the body and contain nutrients that benefit your health in many other ways.
4. Apples: Let’s get crispy! Apples offer that cool, refreshing, crisp crunch that make summers a bit easier and more bearable. They’re always a cooling bite away.
5. Pineapple: Pineapple is another water rich fruit that is cooling and refreshing to the body. This is a great fruit to add to a smoothie. Take a bit of pineapple, banana, kale and cucumber and you’ve got yourself a Superfood nutrient dense cooling smoothie.
6. Lemon: Lemon is a rich source of vitamin c and gives you a refreshing cool kick of energy as well. Foods that cool your body and give your body energy do more as the heat wears your body down. Squeeze an organic lemon into a glass of water and enjoy.
7. Leafy Greens: In general leafy greens are a good go to food to grab on a hot summer day. All leafy greens contain water and minerals, which help to balance your body by replenishing the adrenal glands which become stressed under heat exhaustion. Leafy greens are also one of the easiest foods to digest which means your body doesn’t have to burn as much energy (creating heat) to digest them.
8. Courgettes: Courgette is a great source of both vitamin C and manganese. Both important nutrients for fighting free radical damage caused by sun damage and excessive body heat.