PMA - Positive Mental Attitude
So what is PMA? PMA is positive mental attitude – and everyone who is successful” suffers” with this condition
So why get a PMA?
Here are 5 undeniable benefits you experience from the power of positive thinking.
Boosts Feeling of Well Being Having a positive attitude quite naturally results in boosting your spirits since in your mind everything is 'good' which promotes an upbeat mood. Even when something occurs of a more negative nature your current disposition helps you to quickly overcome it. Boosts Motivation When you are feeling good you are more likely to live your life and seek new experiences than if you were depressed. Positive thoughts boost the spirits and install more of a 'can do' attitude giving you more motivation or drive to follow through on your efforts. Increases Productivity With an increase in motivation you obviously will be more productive in any tasks you may undertake. In addition to this it will also make any efforts you do exert seem much easier which in turn tends to keep you at the task longer.
Leads to Accomplishments Building on the increase in productivity a positive mindset can therefore help you to accomplish a lot more. With an increase in motivation which leads to more productivity you are much better able to stay focused for longer. The net result will be you simply get more done. Attracts Others Nobody wants to be around a negative person while on the other hand optimistic people generally attract others. Positive people are more pleasant and fun to be around and are also a great source of encouragement. With all that said who would not want to be around someone with a positive attitude.
SO how do I get one? 7 Strategies to Developing a Positive Mental Attitude
1. Focus on the Present Mark Twain said, I’ve been through terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened. He was pointing out the fact that we often add to our problems by building them up in our minds to be bigger than they really are. How often do you find that things you worry about for days end up not happening at all, or not being as big a problem as you thought? But, by focussing on the present as much as possible, you can minimize the worries and fears that lead to negative emotions.
2. Use Positive Language Do you ever notice how much of what you say is negative? Some people constantly complain about the weather, their work, their spouse, their neighbours, and any number of other things. We all do it from time to time. However, it’s good to remind ourselves that our words are shaped by our thoughts, and the more we can look for positive things to say, the more positive our thoughts will become. Make it your endeavour to commit to positive thinking. So, each day when you wake up give yourself a mini pep talk – what do you want to achieve? How will you react to trying situations? How will you avoid negative thoughts? Remember, thinking positive is a habit, which means it’s possible to learn how to do it.
3. Accept When Things Aren’t Perfect. It can be difficult to let go of the need for perfection and control in your life, but sometimes it’s very liberating to simply accept that things will not always go the way you hoped, and that’s okay. Sometimes things happen that are out of your control, and rather than wasting your energy on negative emotions, it’s better to just accept that things didn’t go the way you planned or wanted. Remember, most things pass with time.
4. Mix With Positive People. It’s a fact of human nature that we tend to mimic the people we spend the most time with.Think of how teenagers tend to conform to the social code of their friends. It’s the same for everyone else, too. So, the more frequently you spend time with positive thinking people, the more likely it is that you will begin to think and act in a similar fashion. Also, don’t underestimate the power of laughing either, it has a wonderful way of reducing stress, connecting you with those around you, and generally making you feel better all round.
5. Contribute in A Meaningful Way. One of the best ways to feel more positive is to contribute to your community in some way. It can be tremendously uplifting to help others, whether it’s through the use of your time, skills or financial contributions. As well as the good feelings that come with making a difference in someone’s life, contributing your time and effort to a cause, allows you a brief escape from your current problems, and perhaps may even allow you see your troubles in a different light.
6. Keep Learning Develop a curiosity about the world around you, and the people in it. No matter what situation you’re in right now, there is always something we can learn from it. Taking a real interest in life gives you energy; it helps create new ideas in your mind, and gives you a different way of thinking about things, that can have a positive impact on your life as a whole.
7. Be Grateful Spend a little time each day thinking of things that you are truly thankful for in your life. Reminding yourself of all the reasons you have to be grateful, helps to maintain some focus on your situation. Being thankful will often turn initial anger or frustration into something more positive. Remember, we all have weaknesses, but focusing on your strengths prevents them getting the better of us.
Finally, keep in mind that how you view your life is your choice. No one is forcing you to have a negative attitude, so take control and change it for a happier, more energetic, and more enthusiastic life.