Summer Inch Loss Challenge Tips
Are you doing my Summer Inch Loss Challenge? Last week you should have taken your measurements and noted them down on my downloadable chart. Now you have 4 weeks to see how much weight and how many inches you can lose! To help, here are my top tips for weight loss:
- Watch your portion size - don't be afraid to move to a smaller plate
- Make 5 a day your minimum! The more fresh veg and fruit you eat the better.
- If it's in a packet then read the label - always know what you are eating!
- Choose to eat foods with less than 5% fat (except oily fish, lean meat, porridge and eggs)
- Check the calories per portion/serving
- Avoid high sugar and salt content
- No more than 2 servings of red mean and oily fish a week
- Plan your menu, shop for it and stick to it
- Drink plenty of water - 2 litres a day
- Plan a healthy snack for mid-morning and mid afternoon
- Avoid sugary snacks and treats, even if they are low fat
- Minimize alcohol - it is just liquid calories
- Keep a food diary - write everything down or log using an app such as myfitnesspal
- Get active - 30 minutes a day at least 5 times a week should be a minimum
Don't forget to keep let me know how you are doing on my Facebook page and in class!